- We collect personal data from you which you volunteer when you provide such personal data to us, or via our services with which you interact. You may give us information about yourself, when you enquire about our hotel and associated facilities and events, complete forms online on our website www.holyroodhotel.com or correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise provide us with personal data. This includes, but is not limited to, information you provide when you share information via other websites relating to the hotel’s facilities such as online bookings for the hotel, restaurant or events.
- We may also be given other personal data relating to you by other persons, or we may obtain such other personal data about you as may be provided to us in the course of our legitimate business activities.
- We may collect and process your data, including the following, in the course of providing services to you, which could contain your personal data. This information may include your first name, surname, postal address, e-mail address, mobile and phone numbers, passport number, credit card/debit card or bank details, your personal preferences about your visits to our hotel, including any special medical requirements or allergies, details of your children and other relations, car registration number, details or your driving license or passport, how you would like to be contacted, your comments about our services, details of contracts you have entered into with third parties for us to provide services to you, details of your relationship to other parties, details of your membership of professional or other organisations and all other data which you ask us to process on your behalf, or which is necessary for us to process in order to fulfil our role as providing accommodation, gym, leisure, retail or food related services to you.
We may also process other data, which is not personal data.
- When you access our website or wi-fi facilities, your device’s browser provides us with information such as your IP address, browser type, access time and referring URL, which is collected and used to compile statistical data. This information may be used to help us to improve our website and the services we offer and to offer services to you.
What is a cookie?A cookie is a small piece of data that may be stored on your computer or mobile device. It allows a website “remember” your actions or preferences over a length of time. How are they used on this site?This site uses Persistent CookiesPersistent cookies are those placed on your computer or mobile device for a pre-determined length of time when you visit this site. This site only places cookies that are specific to this site. Our use of your personal dataWe will use your personal data for a number of operational purposes, including, but not limited to:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Comply with legislation.
- In our legitimate interest of advertising our services, provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (accommodation, gym, spa, leisure, retail, restaurant, bar service and other food related services), or to provide details of any loyalty scheme or promotion.
- Notify you about changes to our services.
The Holyrood Hotel does not carry out automatic decision-making processing with personal data. Disclosure of your informationWe may disclose your data to third parties who provide a service to us or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect our rights, property, or safety of staff or customers:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- If the Holyrood Hotel is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Holyrood Hotel, our customers, our service recipients or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of national security, fraud protection and credit risk reduction.