Short Break Tours Presents Our Donegal Garden Tour
The Garden Trail promises to show visitors both modern and traditional growing techniques. Every garden provides a diverse and varied experience and the experience is guaranteed to be splendid! The owners have an active, avid interest in their gardens. Here are some of the stops we can arrange:
1) Salthill Garden, Mountcharles (May – Sept) Consisting of Old Walls with New settings, the 18th Century Walls now consist of a beautifully matured garden of 28 year old shrubs, trees, roses and many other perennials, this garden has developed over the years and has many paths and Donegal ridges which allow vegetables to flourish in the heavy clay soil.
2) Lower Cranny, Inver. Herbaceous Perennials, shrubs and mature trees, together with a mixed ‘fairy-ring’ hedge make this garden a lovely restful place, where woodland, meadow and stream surround a lake to make a beautiful habitat for wild flora and fauna.
3) Cille, Kilcar. Established 25 years ago in a very exposed coastal area, this garden is a delight of hidden terraces with an extensive range of plants and unusual species suited to the coastal location. Imaginative use of grasses and rich exotic planting make this garden a fine example of how a difficult site can be transformed into a botanical gem.
4) Summy, Portnoo May (Sept) This garden was established in 1979 in a valley on a rocky hillside surrounded by four acres of native hazel woodland with blackthorn, juniper, burnt rose, ash and oak. Surrounding a traditional farmhouse, the garden is full of bluebells, primroses, and varied ferns with a magical woodland garden and a sheltered glen with a naturally spring-fed pond.
5) Backleas, Stranorlar (May- Sept) This new garden is combined with old natural woodland. The garden is of historic importance in the fact that the remains of an aqueduct dug during the famine as a relief project to convey water to a nearby corn mill is still visible.
•Coach Transfers from and returning to your chosen pick up point
•Complimentary Afternoon Tea on Arrival
•4 Nights Bed & Full Irish Breakfast
•4 Course Dinner Each Evening
•Free Daily Recreation can be arranged - Bowling, Chess, Cookery Demonstrations, Dancing, Bingo, Aqua Aerobics
•Access to our Swimming Pool and Leisure Centre, which includes Jacuzzi, Steam Room, Sauna and Gymnasium.
•Escape Beauty and Spa have a wide variety of Treatments available which include Sea Weed Baths, Hydrotherapy Baths, Facials, etc. (extra charge applies)
"We Colect You, We Leave You Home"